I can rarely buy bagels because they just go, pretty much instantly. Needless to say, they won’t last the week. When I do dare to invest, here’s what I go for at lunch…
You will need:
- 1 red onion and chive bagel (I go for New York Bakery Co.)
- Cheddar cheese
- Cut the bagel in half, and grill on both sides until lightly toasted
- Put cheese on both of the slices, then whack under the grill until dripping
- Take the bagel out of the grill, onto a plate and put in the ham, then spinach
- Whack them together, NOM BEAUTIFUL
For a little difference, try mozzarella with ham, or change the ham for salami, and spinach for watercress. I personally don’t use butter but you’re more than welcome to if it so suits you.
Also try fiery chilli pesto on one slice and original hummus on the other, then do the same as said before, and whack in the salami and watercress (my personal favourite).