I am starting this week healthy (and hopefully it’ll end that way too…)
Carrot and coriander soup is a classic, and I’ve added a few of my personal favourites in this one!
- Roughly 450g of carrots
- 1 sweet potato
- 1-2 handfuls of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 white onion
- Garlic cloves (I used 3)
- A pinch of salt & pepper, paprika, nutmeg & mixed herbs
- Less than half a chilli (depending if you like the fire – add to your liking)
- 1-2 tsp of olive oil
- 1l vegetable stock
- Blender (I use a hand one, but a processor works too)
- 1 large saucepan
- Some bread and butter on the side (optional)
- Get everything peeled and chopped (I crushed the garlic)
- Heat olive oil in pan
- Add the onion, and when slightly softened, add the chilli
- Get all the herbs in (don’t forget to stir away)
- Whack in the potato and garlic
- Get the kettle on and allow everything to soften on a low heat
- Once soft, add the carrots and stock, then bring to the boil
- When bubbling away, lower the heat and allow to simmer for around 20 mins with a lid on
- Every now and then give it all a stir
- Time’s up! Blend it all together to your preferred consistency
- Serve up, and enjoy!
As per usual I made a little extra, and that’s lunch sorted tomorrow!
Also if you prefer a thicker soup, then simply use less water.