Fancied something different this morning!
I used to make this when I was younger because I thought it was the coolest thing. Turns out, still pretty cool.
As I made this before work I have demonstrated the simplest and quickest way to get this breakfast done with no messin’ about.
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 medium sized round glass (for cutting)
- 1 baking tray
- Salt & pepper
All you need to do:
- Pre-heat oven to 200° / 180° Fan
- Grease your baking tray with butter
- Using the edge of the glass, press into the middle of the bread and cut a hole
- Butter the bread (I recommend on both sides as it can end up dry)
- Place the bread on the baking tray and crack the egg into the hole
- Simply put in the oven for roughly 15 minutes
- Take out and season with salt & pepper
I was quite rushed this morning, so my pictured end result is without seasoning! You do not wanna forget that salt & pepper!